Forward...

moving...
rocking...
flying...
forward...
backward...
forward...
constantly moving.

Today, I am aware of the movement in my life as I reflect on this past week. My week started out strong and I felt surrounded by the generous spirits around me. But than a wave washed over me that sent me rocking backward. As I rocked I could not but be taken over with fear. I felt another wave approaching but this time I allowed myself to be washed over by it and to my amazement I was not pulled under. A small set of wings held my heart and allowed me to see that the direction that I was going was forward. For we are constantly moving forward. At times it does not always feel that way, but today I am aware of it. Today, I do not fear the waves that are crashing around me, I am choosing to feel the smallest wings of love that are moving me forward.
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

PS: What set of wings can gently help you to rock forward?

3 comments:

Journal Swag said...

Hi Pattie, this is beautiful and so are your words. What an awesome lady and artist you are.

Hugs,
Sheila
halohill.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Pattie,

this is awesome!! And wild! last night i was thinking about how i get caught on carnival rides (i mean..the ups and downs of trauma/drama - not even of my own making) - and the first thing i thought of looking at your affirmation picture is - up and down..those waves.

i LOVE the water - i'd be a fish if i could. lol.so, while i was looking at your picture i was being pulled into the water imagery. And i read your words - and i felt that rocking - like water does - and felt how it's similar to what i feel on the "carnival rides".

And i see something - when wings hold my heart (by giving me a different perspective or by the tender words of a friend or ?whatever?) - everything is different. I'm not on someone's carnival ride, I'm floating on waves.."forward...backward...forward"

wow!a whole 'nother thing!

thanks again!!

Charlie said...

My wings of faith. I can only move forward when I have faith.Thanks for your insight.Love reading your post.