Beauty Within...


do not let the thorns stop your growth...
for they are there to remind you
to look...to see...to feel..to take care...
for beyond the thorns is a beauty...
a beauty that starts in your core...
and explodes from within.

Today, I am aware of the thorns that we sometimes face...they look fierce, they hurt, and they make us curl up at times...Today, I am aware that when facing those thorns, I must be a little more careful, I must make sure that my true self is protected. I am aware that I need to look and really see where these thorns are, and where I should place my hand and my heart in order to avoid them. Today, I am aware that my true self comes from deep within...and when allowed it can explode into such vibrant color and beauty. Today, I am aware that the thorns can only hurt me if I allow them to.
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

PS:
What are you aware of today??

4 comments:

Journal Swag said...

Oh my gosh, Pattie this is what I was talking about just to a friend!

"I must be a little more careful, I must make sure that my true self is protected. I am aware that I need to look and really see where these thorns are, and where I should place my hand and my heart in order to avoid them"

Beautiful words! Amazing timing for me!

Sheila
http://halohill.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

These are valuable thoughts to remember. Most of us I am sure, could have done well to remember them at times in this past year.

lee said...

I have been thinking the same this week, I also have to be careful and not to let my heart go where the thorns are, because its hard to get the thorns out if that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

Ok, did I say that this spoke to me the other day? Well this one together with the next one really gave me the encouraging message I needed today. (And believe me, I need one). You are AMAZING! You can tune in to people way across the country! :)
Sheila