A dialogue...



cleansing...
eliminating...
releasing...
tears
from
thorns.

I have been taught that crying is a sign of weakness...that one must be strong for not only yourself but for others...So today, I ask you....when was the last time you had a good cry?? I don't mean the silent kind...I mean a good all out sobbing....the kind with the nose-running cry?
And why is it that we allow our self to believe that something terrible is going to happen if we let go and do this???
Now, some of us only cry at funerals...some of us cry at happy moments (weddings..births) ..some of us cry at commercials and movies...but it has come to my attention this morning that crying is a very cleansing thing! For one thing it removes pollutants from our body (yes, there have been studies done about this!!...and they have found that we let loose different chemicals for the different emotions that cause us to cry...but real tears contain a level of toxic substances that the body is eliminating through crying) It is a way to get rid of the "junk"...
I think most people don't show unpleasant emotions...we are somehow programmed to "put on a good face"...don't let anyone know that things might NOT be as rosy as they appear on the outside.
Crying can be both isolating and liberating....but I am finding and reminding myself that it is a good thing to do...a healthy thing to do because you are being true to your self...it is a normal thing to do and a natural thing to do....So I am refusing to feel shameful or weak or remorseful...
It is an important part to finding ways to bring us peace in our life...its a stress reducer and it actually...scientifically has been found to be good for you....Today...I feel the thorns of things that I cannot change and I cry...
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: